Skip to main content

Update - 5 Things On The 5th (June 2018)

It's that time again -- for me to give my updates of five things I've done this past month. This month was a little bit more interesting to put together, as a lot of the things I've done are quieter, more like building toward something bigger. There are still things to report on, though!

  1. I took one of my best friends ever to Cedar Point. Despite being a HUGE roller coaster nerd, and even working at a park near his hometown, he had never been to the big CP. Even though it rained and we couldn't ride everything, the best part about it was watching him have fun. 
  2. I lost two pounds. This is actually kind of a big deal! It means all the walking that I started last month is really starting to pay off. My ultimate goal doesn't have anything to do with weight, though XD
  3. I'm finally taking initiative to take care of my health -- mental, physical, and spiritual. No need for details, just know it's going well and I'm not gonna die anytime soon.
  4. I've submitted and have been accepted for my idol persona to be in the Overseas Idol Database! I will let you all know when it is published.
  5. I still got to see the July 4th fireworks in an amazing way. I make a point of trying to see them every year, and this one did not disappoint. It might seem trivial, but it's still part of me living my life and being active.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speed: Why I'm (Still) A Roller Coaster

On August 16, 2005, I became a roller coaster. Now, I should mention before that I’ve written about this before. On my old website, I posted an entire series about a bunch of weird things that happened to me in the summer of 2005. It all culminated in me thinking I became a roller coaster. And while I can most certainly say I’m not a hunk of metal four hundred and twenty feet up in the sky, I have a better understanding of why I claimed that as my identity for so long -- and why I’m daring to reclaim it. Buckle up, folks, literally. By the time you’re done with this post, I will not be the same. -- Since the original post is no longer live, I’m gonna pull a couple of things from it and post them here. We go back to August 16, 2005. I was seventeen years old, at Cedar Point with friends, and the day was ending: Solo queue time was a time of reflection. Just four months earlier, my father had condemned me (for being a lesbian) and my mother had misunderstood me. Since then, God had chang

Music - F*ck 30/90, Hey!

As I'm writing this I have about an hour and 45 minutes left in my 20's here on the East Coast. And I realized I'd be remiss if I let my 30th birthday approach without talking about tick, tick...BOOM! (And there's no way in heck I'm gonna write that all out in this entry, so TTB it is.) #OkayEmily but what is TTB? You know how I ranted and raved about RENT through college? TTB is the thing Jonathan Larson wrote BEFORE RENT. It's basically this autobiographical, originally one-man-show Larson wrote about his struggles as an artist approaching the great 3-0. In the opener, he sings about turning 30 being more like turning 90. You become passe. "Bang, you're dead, what can you do?" Okay, but seriously here. One of my work friends is gay and insists that when gay men turn 30, they expire. (He insists lesbians never do.) Despite the advances we've made as a society, we still see 30 as this huge turning point where we leave the confusion of

Update - 5 Things On The 5th (May 2018)

I just turned 30, and I was thinking of all of the things I want to do in my 30's. Now, I'm not making an express goal, although I know there are certainly a few things I want in life. Instead, I figured it would be good every 5th of every month (since I was born on the 5th) to go over 5 things that I did. Not 5 things I learned, not 5 things I want to do -- five things I physically did this month. So here is my list for this month:  While on vacation, I went on morning walks on the beach, going out to low tide and going exploring. Away from phones and stresses, I was able to focus fully on Jesus. I've kept these morning walks going, even when they're hard, even just by going around the neighborhood once or twice if time allows. No stresses, no distractions, just Jesus and whatever might be on my mind. As mentioned in this same blog , I found something I had been searching for for a long time. I didn't need to find it, but finding it has enabled me to live with s