Skip to main content

Update - Welcome to LiederWynd

So welcome to my new blog, I guess.

I've wanted a spot to put thoughts and comments and things for a while, without using my actual website. I had a blog before, but I wanted a clean break, if that makes sense. And I've liked Blogger okay over the years, and it's easy to start one here, so I figured, why not?

Here are some thoughts:

  • My name is Emily Ann Imes; I'm talented; I am a Christian and I am a lesbian and the two are mutually inclusive; I go looking for God at Cedar Point every year. 
  • She/her pronouns MOST of the time unless I am clearly presenting male! I identify as genderfluid panpolyromantic homosexual. This puts me at a 5 on the Kinsey scale. I also identify as gay/lesbian because that is a label I have had to FIGHT SO HARD FOR in my life. "You're dating a guy, you can't be gay." Lies. I'm old, get off my lawn. Let me have this one thing.
  • I'm old enough that I remember 9/11. Plan accordingly.
  • I spent 5 years in NYC and I don't regret a single one of them.
  • I will rant about: Jesus, roller coasters, anime, rhythm games, being gay and Christian, music, writing, my Place Of Employment (the POE), friends, family, etc. I will occasionally talk about sex ed because I think it's really important!!! But I will always mark those posts. I will always talk about friends and family without using names! I may make up names in their space. The only exceptions to this are my direct family members, because my Dad can't get away with not being my Dad, and Mikkun. Mikkun is my partner. If I read this a year from now and he's still my partner, you all get cookies.
  • I will probably disable comments on a lot of this, unless I open things up to what people want to say. This is to prevent bots and nasty people. If you really want to reply to me, you know where to find me.  
That's it for now, I guess. I'll promo things, I'm sure, and there will be some insight to my creative process, but I'm not here for you to buy my stuff. I'm just here to share my life with you all. I guess I don't expect a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Speed: Why I'm (Still) A Roller Coaster

On August 16, 2005, I became a roller coaster. Now, I should mention before that I’ve written about this before. On my old website, I posted an entire series about a bunch of weird things that happened to me in the summer of 2005. It all culminated in me thinking I became a roller coaster. And while I can most certainly say I’m not a hunk of metal four hundred and twenty feet up in the sky, I have a better understanding of why I claimed that as my identity for so long -- and why I’m daring to reclaim it. Buckle up, folks, literally. By the time you’re done with this post, I will not be the same. -- Since the original post is no longer live, I’m gonna pull a couple of things from it and post them here. We go back to August 16, 2005. I was seventeen years old, at Cedar Point with friends, and the day was ending: Solo queue time was a time of reflection. Just four months earlier, my father had condemned me (for being a lesbian) and my mother had misunderstood me. Since then, God had chang

Music - F*ck 30/90, Hey!

As I'm writing this I have about an hour and 45 minutes left in my 20's here on the East Coast. And I realized I'd be remiss if I let my 30th birthday approach without talking about tick, tick...BOOM! (And there's no way in heck I'm gonna write that all out in this entry, so TTB it is.) #OkayEmily but what is TTB? You know how I ranted and raved about RENT through college? TTB is the thing Jonathan Larson wrote BEFORE RENT. It's basically this autobiographical, originally one-man-show Larson wrote about his struggles as an artist approaching the great 3-0. In the opener, he sings about turning 30 being more like turning 90. You become passe. "Bang, you're dead, what can you do?" Okay, but seriously here. One of my work friends is gay and insists that when gay men turn 30, they expire. (He insists lesbians never do.) Despite the advances we've made as a society, we still see 30 as this huge turning point where we leave the confusion of

Update - 5 Things On The 5th (May 2018)

I just turned 30, and I was thinking of all of the things I want to do in my 30's. Now, I'm not making an express goal, although I know there are certainly a few things I want in life. Instead, I figured it would be good every 5th of every month (since I was born on the 5th) to go over 5 things that I did. Not 5 things I learned, not 5 things I want to do -- five things I physically did this month. So here is my list for this month:  While on vacation, I went on morning walks on the beach, going out to low tide and going exploring. Away from phones and stresses, I was able to focus fully on Jesus. I've kept these morning walks going, even when they're hard, even just by going around the neighborhood once or twice if time allows. No stresses, no distractions, just Jesus and whatever might be on my mind. As mentioned in this same blog , I found something I had been searching for for a long time. I didn't need to find it, but finding it has enabled me to live with s